It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Grandsons Birthday quilt

I bought in 2001 in Alaska a kit of bright flannel strips for a quick row quilt. Since my grand son is having a birthday in August and he has outgrown his baby quilts I thought it was a good idea to make him a new one. 
I came up wit a quick design to use the precut strips, and realized after I started that not all strips were the same size, one was  6 3/4 and one only 6 1/4 .

                                              
 So I cut the blocks into a rectangles and not into a squares. 

Trimming the blocks.

I added some orange sashing,  the same fabric is on the back. I was lucky to have some bright green flannel for the borders.

I quilted loops and bubbles in the center of the quilt.

I did this in the border, which was hard for me I had to remind myself which way the turrets were going down the sides. My left and right brain do not always get along, lol!
I am sure my grand son will love it, it is very soft. I used a Dream Orient batting , which makes the quilt  so cuddly. 

3 comments:

mamarazza said...

Tina, I am to old to be a grandchild of yours - but you know when my b'day is ;-)!!! Lucas will love it, I'm sure. Hugs!

quilthexle said...

Mist, Conny was faster ;-)) I wanted to apply as your grandchild, too !!! Lovely quilt - I love the green border ...

Gunilla.B said...

What a colorful and cosy quilt!
Hugs
Gunilla