It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall is in the air

My neighbor is also a quilter and she invited me to join her and some other ladies to meet every other Friday morning to get together and do some hand quilting. This is what she was working on, and I thought it was a lovely idea. 
The hexagons are about hand with size, and you only need a few of them to make a small table topper. 

She hand embroidered the designs, and than used them as the center of the hexagons. You can still see the blue marking pen line. 


I think I may have to make one,  it would be fast and you could actually do for for each season. 

5 comments:

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Schöne Idee, auch wenn Hexagons nicht zu meinen Favoriten zählen...

Sabine said...

Oh, das könnte mir auch gefallen - ich liebe Hexies, und so große hab ich noch nie gemacht. Mal gucken, ob ich ein paar herbstliche Stickvorlagen finde...

quilthexle said...

You and your neighour might start a new trend ??? you could do a table-topper for every month !!
big hug, Frauke

Corinnea said...

Cute!! I just cut out larger hexagons for a pillow. I didn't think about a table topper...

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
it´s a really good idea to do it for all seasons. I like it very much.
Inge Li