It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

A HUA challenge completed.

I am a member of a group of six quilters that call them self HUA's.
One of our group members had a important birthday , and a lot of quilters made her a birthday block.
The varied in sizes and color ways. So what to do with them? 
She divided them up between all the members and we challenge ourselves to do something different with them.
So they lay ed in my box, moved to the USA with me and lay ed in the same box some more. 
So one day I just cut them up disappearing nine patch style. 


I found some light squares I was going to use for another project , and decided to use them even so they were not the right size. I made half square triangles with them , and trimmed them all to the same size. 
I found this layout here:

http://appliqueaddict.blogspot.com/2012/05/citrus-squares.html

I added a border of bright color squares and a small cream border to the quilt top before the red bigger border, and it is a good size now. 
I found the perfect backing fabric for it. I used the same fabric for the binding as well.
                           I love the way it came out, and I had fun practising my quilting.



9 comments:

kms handmade said...

Tina, that turned out WAY COOL! I really love what you did!

mamarazza said...

Oooh, Tina! Der ist KLASSE geworden! Und unsere "Päckchen" werden auch in tolle neue Quilts verwandelt. Ich freue mich darauf sie alle nebeneinander zu sehen - 2015 in Nürtingen???

mamarazza said...

I forgot - the reason for this was MY birthday!!! So you know where it is going to!!!

irisfreiberg said...

Hallo Tina!
Der Quilt ist supertoll geworden. Auf die Idee, die Blöcke zu zerschneiden muß man erst mal kommen. Gruß und schönen Sonntag Iris!

Wilma said...

The front is great, but I like the colorful backside even more.....!

ingequilts said...

Tina der Quilt ist klasse. Ich bin total begeistert.

ingequilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quilthexle said...

Super !! Tina, der ist toll geworden, ehrlich wahr.

Aby Dolinger said...

Stunning!