My sister ask me to make a table runner for her extra long table, and I was only to happy to comply. After all, she is my favorite sister.
Just don't tell all my other sister this secret.
I found in one of my old magazines ( Fons and Porter Easy Quilts Spring 2013)
this wonderful runner in pretty blues and chartreuse.
I was lucky enough to find all the fabrics in my stash, even so my fabric choices were a bit darker. The table runner is already on it's way to my sister, I hope she is happy with the pattern and colors I selected.
Some month ago ( maybe even a year or two) a friend of mine made this polka dot quilt and I had to make one too. So I collected polka dot fabrics. The white background fabric are bedsheets that my German friends shared with me.
I love this quilt, it is so happy and bright.
I did some hand embroidery on the inside of the polka dotted squares.
The pattern is from a quilting stencil.
I just did an all over meander on this quilt,
since I wanted to avoid having stitches in the embroidery parts.
I had to borrow some polka dot fabric from my neighbor since I wanted to make this border but ran out of my stash.
Last year for my birthday a dear friend of mine send me this cute wall hanging, but I had to finish it myself. You know, the layering, basting and quilting plus binding part, lol!
But as of Saturday it was done, and it is now hanging by the stairs in my foyer so I can see it whenever I walk up or down the stairs.
I love it, thank you so much Barbara.
It is just the perfect time to have it finished, the rain has come once again.
In 2013 a group of former quilt guild members from Germany , and some that are back here in the US and I decided to do an International block exchange . Each member received a yard of focus fabric and a half yard of background fabric. The block was to be 12 inches finished , and we have 12 members. So each one of us came up with a block.
I choose the Wyoming Valley Star.
This is what just my block would have looked like.,
setting four blocks by three blocks.
After I finished my top wit all the different quilt blocks I received,
I added some focus fabric for the border, just to realize I did not have quite enough.
What I did have was some scraps of the fabrics I used for my block.
So I came up with a nine patch to use as the corner stones.
I cut two sides of the quilt border freehand sligthly curvy,
and finished it with a green bias binding.
I took this picture of the finished quilt early Sunday morning while the ground was frozen.