It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Kona Cotton Jelly Roll Challenge

Our little international groups challenge this time was to use a beautiful Kona Cotton jelly roll in fall colors. We could add more fabrics of our choosing, or just work with the jelly roll. 
In the fall catalog from Keepsake Quilting I found this pattern that I fell in love with. 
I was a little apprehensive to use the jelly roll in these solid colors, because the pattern picture used various batiks. But I am happy with the way it turned out, and my choice of background fabric lets you see the easy and fast pattern. 
I am waiting to receive my backing fabric, so I can go ahead and finish this quilt. 
I chose a wonderful rust - brown flannel. 



     Each of us in this group will keep their own quilt, but we are making a small  quilt with our leftovers 
that we will  exchange this summer. Here a small close up of what I have created, because it is supposed to be a surprise.  This small quilt can not be bigger than 50 inches all the way around. 


2 comments:

kms handmade said...

Cool pattern!

mamarazza said...

I already heard from Helga about your beautiful quilt - love it! Still have my Jelly Roll sitting here, waiting for inspiration...